CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 4, 2010

anhelo de mi país

It's funny how I get homesick for a place I didn't live very long from a place I've lived for years. Tonight I found myself skyping with a few of my favorite friends then overcome by my desire for Lomo Saltado. Listening to Salsa surrounded by the distinct aroma of Lomo screaming across the kitchen to a friend on skype in Spanish, for a few moments it felt like home.

After our discussion in English class today I was more aware of how I behave in one language versus another. In Spanish I'm more emotive; I gesture more, I laugh louder and I use more explicatives. Words satisfyingly roll off my tongue. I think in my second language I have to be more intentional about what I say and take more notice of euphemisms than in English. Spanish sounds prettier than English.
Spanish is a good language for falling in love...

Cooking Playlist:
Mas - Nelly Furtado
Que Tengo Hacer - Omega
25 Horas Al Dia- Juan Luis Guerra
En Un Solo Dia- Wason Brazoban
Cuando Me Enamoro- Enrique Inglesias
Guapa- Diego Torres
Te Amo - Makano
Tu No Eres Para Me- Fanny Lu
Todo Mi Corazon- DLG
Yo No Se Manana - Luis Enrique

0 comments: