She raised her hand and knocked
waiting, she almost ran home
"don't say anything I have to explain,
just listen: I'm sorry for what I did I just,
I'm not good at this
My sister has lukemia and she is really sick
I love her so much and it kills me that
she may not be alive,
for my wedding or to meet her neices
or even for my graduation"
she stopped she couldn't go on her throat choked up
she wiped away the tears
she had to explain
"and she's not going to get better
I don't know what my family would do without her"
she was rocking back and forth
her face a mask of pain
"my dad would become depressed
and my mom would never be home
and I don't know what I would do"
she began shaking tears pouring down her face
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner
I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the kiss
I'm sorry it wasn't with you"
his thumb wiped away her tears
he hugged her around the sholdures
as she blubbered into his chest
"I'm so sorry" she repeated into his shirt
"don't cry" he mumbled into her hair
"I love you"
"What?" she lifted her head to meet his eyes and the tears stopped
Friday, January 23, 2009
A Little Story
Posted by Morgan at 6:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment